Education and the ways in which we learn has certainly changed within the last 10 years. We can learn a new skill simply by searching on YouTube or subscribing to special channels. We can participate in virtual classrooms and learn from peers. This type of go-at-your-own-pace learning is perfect for those who have busy schedules, work full-time, have families, or anything else… but have an insatiable desire to learn and improve their own lives. If this is you, then you’re going to enjoy the rest of this post.
I actually have an education degree and always wanted to be a teacher. However, I knew that I didn’t want to teach in the conventional, formal classroom because of all the restrictions. (But MUCH LOVE and KUDOS to my friends who are classroom teachers! Some who teach in the tough neighborhoods with little to no funding!)
So, without further ado, as someone who is a fan of informal learning, I’m super excited to announce that I’ve published my first class on Skillshare–an online learning platform that features high-quality classes about art and creativity, business, technology, and lifestyle. I’ve personally taken several classes, and would not trade it for anything else. I also enjoy Skillshare because they encourage active participation through projects. Anyone who takes a class is encouraged to publish a project that shows your learning progress and the final result. It’s great to see that feedback from students, and to witness interaction between students.
Check out my teacher page to see what else I’m working on.
What can you expect from my first class (and classes in general)?
- My first class is all about loose florals. I start with the basics like color theory, mixing, and simple brushstrokes. From there, we’ll paint floral elements and put them in an arrangement.
- As an educator, I understand that each person learns differently. So my videos are a combination of me talking, real-time painting demonstrations, tutorials, and timelapses.
- I also take my time in explaining the basics and want you to have a strong grasp of the fundamentals. For more advanced classes (will be developed in future), the basics will be a prerequisite.
- My videos are high quality (1080p), and I do my best to edit them for consistency, smooth transitions, and overall story. Please understand that currently I am a one-woman operation, so there may be the occasional error or lighting/focus issues. I hope you will forgive those!
- I truly believe that each person is creative, and that’s my goal for every class I plan on publishing. I want to help unlock the creative side in you! My classes will be great for beginners who are looking to learn a new skill, and have fun doing it!
I hope to continue publishing online classes, as well as offer in-person workshops, because I love teaching!
So if you’re ready to dive in and learn from me (and other talented Skillshare teachers), then sign up for your first two months for FREE when you use my code!
I will continue to share tutorials and tips & tricks here on the blog, but some things are just better explained through a video. So try Skillshare for yourself, and consider becoming a Premium member to keep the learning going!